Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in claims arising pursuant to state and federal constitutions and statutes, including Human Relations Acts, Civil Rights Acts, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Older Workers Benefits Protection Act.
Examples of representation in this practice area include:
- Mr. Sprague successfully represented a highly experienced, successful, and elite group of dedicated law enforcement agents and settled the agents’ claims of age discrimination on an amicable basis such that they were able to continue to perform their important work after receiving monetary compensation for the discrimination thy endued under a prior administration.
- Mr. Sprague was involved in defending a church in state and federal court against allegations by another church of civil rights violations arising from the distribution of trust funds.
- Mr. Sprague successfully tried a housing discrimination case in federal court, where a jury found that two property owners involved in the lease of a condominium discriminated against our clients, a Jewish couple, on the basis of their religion. Mr. Sprague was also successful in having the jury’s substantial compensatory and punitive damages award to our clients upheld by the District Court and the United States Court of Appeals.
- Mr. Sprague settled a significant claim on behalf of a police officer facing gender discrimination and a hostile work environment.
- Mr. Sprague successfully resolved for a confidential amount claims against an airline and a passenger after the passenger engaged in overt racist and ugly conduct toward a couple during a cross-country flight, and the airline failed to take action to stop it.